Sunday, May 3, 2009

MR Fanfic (MPOV) Chapter eleven

I woke up as dawn started to creep upon us. I felt the sun in my eyes and opened them. Nudge was still asleep on top of me, so I couldn't really move much. I looked over at the drivers seat to see that Fang wasn't there. It was Sam. He looked tired, but alert. "How ya doin'?" I asked him in a mumble.

"Fine." He mumbled back. Wow, we were a talkative group.

"When did you start driving?" I asked him as I stretched my arms over my head.

"Not sure. It was still pretty dark out." He replied as he turned on the left blinker. He turned carefully around the corner and I looked around for a sign.

"Where are we?" I asked him, still looking for some sign to tell me.

"Ohio." I said. We were heading North, because that's where we had picked up Jasmine. I looked back at her and saw she was still asleep by the window. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were squished together next to the other window, and Fang was planted right in between Thing 2 and Jasmine. I felt my heart beat a little harder. No, I wasn't jealous I was...just...protective.

"What's he doing back there?" I asked as I turned back to Sam.

"Thing 2 was bugging Jasmine, and although they weren't loud enough to wake everyone else up, they were keeping Fang awake, so he moved back there to break them up. It was all Thing 2's fault, so don't worry about him trying to get cozy with Jazz, okay?" He replied. I wondered if he could read minds... I really hoped he couldn't, because I really didn't need a new guy reading my mind. I already had Angel to do that, and I didn't like it. I glanced back at Fang again, and he did look uncomfortable... That was reassuring.

"How'd you sleep?" Sam asked me as I turned back around.

"Fine." I replied. Truthfully, I had slept goooood. Like, really good.

"Great, then you can take over driving." Sam said as he pulled over to the side of the road. It wasn't busy on this road at this time of day, so traffic wasn't a problem for us. Sam came around to my side of the car and waited for me to get out. I moved slowly and lifted up Nudge's head so I didn't wake her up. Sam crawled into the seat and immediately closed his eyes. He was tired, so I'd let him sleep. I walked around to the driver's side of the car and crawled in. And we were off again.

Do you know how reassuring it is to hear your Flock snore in peace? No? Well, it's wonderful. Except it makes you wish you were asleep. I heard someone yawn and sit up behind me, and I glanced into my rear-view mirror to see Gazzy waking up. "Max, I'm hungry." He whispered while rubbing his eyes. I smiled.

"Me too. We'll pull off and get some food soon, okay?" I replied to him. He nodded and slumped back over, leaning his head on Iggy's shoulder. I chuckled. Iggy was being practically every one's pillow. Gazzy on one side, Kalie on the other, and Angel on his lap. Was it safe? No. Did I care? Not really. I began looking around for a place to eat...somewhere fast and cheap. And I saw it: A good ol' Micky Ds, also known as McDonalds.

No comments: