Saturday, May 16, 2009

MR Fanfic (MPOV) Chapter eightteen

I was almost asleep when I heard Jasmine wake up in the other room. I knew she had woken up because she groaned. Usually, people only groan when they're waking up, not asleep. Although Gazzy does talk in his sleep sometimes, it's never a groan. "Jasmine!" I said while knocking on the wall.

"I hear the angels calling to me..." She mumbled, still sounding half-unconscious.

"I'll take that as a compliment. It's me, Max! I'm in the next room over!" I said, tapping on the wall again after I finished. Jasmine groaned again.

"I hurt all over..." She said. I figured she was just laying on the floor...I didn't hear her moving closer to me, but I could hear her just fine from where she was.

"Yeah. I figure you flew into the back of the wind tunnel when you wouldn't 'whip out your wings'." I said, imitating the voice of one of the whitecoats at the last part. Jasmine snorted.

"Yeah, that's 'cause I don't have wings. When do you think they'll realize that?" She asked. I heard her slowly make her way closer to the wall.

"When they do an X-ray and actually see that you have a normal amount of bones in your body." I replied dryly. I heard her lean against the wall heavily. "Do you think anything's broken?" I asked her hesitantly.

"No, just bruised. I'd know if anything was broken. Well, I like to think I'd know, anyways..." Jasmine replied. I half-smiled then sighed.

"We need to come up with an escape plan." I said to her.

"Okay, here's the plan. Ditch me, get the others, come raid the place, get me, then leave again." Jasmine said. I wasn't sure if she was being serious or not, but I didn't like that plan.

"I'm not gonna leave you hear by yourself." I replied firmly.

"Relax, Max! I'll have plenty of whitecoats to keep me company!" She said. That time I knew she was joking. She chuckled then continued. "'Relax' and 'Max' rhyme." She said with a smile in her voice. I rolled my eyes and realized it didn't have much effect through a wall...

"I just rolled my eyes at you." I said to her, like I had said to Iggy many a time.

"I figured as much." She replied quietly. "So...do you have a plan of escape for the both of us?" She asked quietly.

"...Not yet..."

"...Oh."

"...Yeah..." I leaned back and sighed.

"It's okay, Max. We'll get out. Where there's a will, there's a way." She was trying to encourage me, but I wasn't really getting encouraged. I mean, we were trapped in some nut house with...well, a bunch of nut jobs. Plus, I couldn't count on just flying away. Not with Jasmine here. I probably wouldn't be able to carry her while flying. I figured she weighed more than I did, since she was a regular person.

"We just need to figure out a plan..." I said quietly. I could almost feel her thinking. It was like, a vibe that penetrated through the wall...it was cool. In an un-cool situation...

"Are they gonna do more tests on me?" Jasmine asked suddenly.

"Probably." I replied shortly.

"Fudge." She said. I laughed.

"'Fudge'?" I asked her, smiling.

"Yeah. It's my 'alternative swear word'." She sounded like she was smiling, too. See? Even when faced with multiple difficulties, I can still smile and laugh. Danger, I laugh at thee! Death, I laugh at thee more! Ha ha ha!

Suddenly, the door opened and a tray of food slid in on the floor. The door closed as quickly as it had opened. "It's dinner time!" I said through the wall, more quietly than I had been talking before.

"What do you think the mashed potatoes are laced with?" I heard Jasmine asked quietly. I chuckled then looked back at the food.

"Those are mashed potatoes? I thought that was...radioactive waste..." I said slowly. I heard Jasmine laugh and it brightened my spirits to know she wasn't all down about this. She was laughing in the face of danger, like me. Which started to show me just how much like me she really was...

No comments: