Sunday, March 29, 2009

MR Fanfic (TPPOV) Chapter 2

"For the last time, I'm NOT Max! My name is Jasmine!" She said, glaring at the black haired boy driving the car. He swerved around a pick-up truck and everyone else in the car flinched. "Do you even have a driver's license?" She asked, sounding extremely annoyed.

"No, and you know that, MAX." The boy said, concentrating very hard on his driving. Jasmine huffed and rolled her eyes. Suddenly, she got an idea.

"Okay, let's pretend I am this 'Max' person, and let's also pretend that I, Max, have amnesia. WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?!?" She'd been trying to get them to tell her what was going on, but none of them would tell her anything useful. The black haired boy sighed as Jasmine turned to look at the other kids in the back. The only thing she knew was that she had been grabbed by these kids while she was in the bookstore, told they had to leave, and yanked out into the hall. When they got to one of the crossing-ways for all of the halls, they came upon this group of weird robot things, one of which she had to fight. She'd never been in a fight in her life, and she was pretty sure they had broken something. Her arm hurt like crazy, and she had told that to the black haired kid, but he merely grabbed her other arm and dragged her down the hall, to this car, and told her to sit.

Now, she wanted answers. The little brown girl in the back was the first to speak up. "Okay, well, you're Maximum Ride, the leader of our Flock. He's Fang," she continued, pointing to the black haired kid. "He's your boyfriend. I guess, kinda. You guys kiss and stuff, but not very often."

"Good..." Jasmine said, getting really grossed out. Fang looked at her in disbelief.

"Anyhow, you guys had a fight the other day, which we're assuming is why you're all 'not Max'. I'm Nudge, I talk lots, and I have this cool power where I can make metal come to me. Wanna see?" She asked, but didn't wait for an answer before holding up her hand and making the zipper on Jasmine's hoodie fly towards her.

"Hey!" Jasmine said, grabbing the zipper. Nudge seemed to blush a bit.

"I'm Iggy, your resident blind pyromaniac. I can also feel colors." Iggy smiled and waved in Jasmine's general direction.

"I'm the Gassman! Or Gazzy, for short. I'm Iggy's right hand man with explosives, and my other power is-" Gazzy stopped short as Fang interrupted him.

"If she really does have amnesia, she probably DOESN'T want to remember that incident." He said, putting on the breaks way too fast. Everyone in the van lurched forward.

"I'm Angel, and we're not just weird kids. And we didn't kidnap you. You're supposed to be with us." Jasmine stared at the little blond girl in surprise. "I can read minds, breathe under water - just like you and Fang - and I can change into different things, sorta." Angel finished. She pet the little black dog on her lap.

"I'm Total, you're talking bird-dog." The dog said sleepily. Jasmine stared at them all, her mouth gaping open.

"Whoa, whoa, wait," Jasmine said, holding up her hands. "You guys are the Flock, from the Maximum Ride books..." Everyone else nodded. "And you think I'm Max...but I'm not..." She continued, looking a little dazed.

"You are too, Max." Angel said, her brow creasing.

"No, I'm not. I don't have any wings or anything." Jasmine said, sounding desperate.

"Iggy." Fang said in a tone that meant something, but only to Iggy. Iggy leaned forward and began running his fingers along Jasmine's face.

"Uh oh..." Iggy said quietly.

"What?" Fang snapped.

"This isn't Max." Everyone stared at Iggy in disbelief. "Max has little scars and scratches on her face, and a swollen lip. This girl doesn't have that..."

"Told you so." Jasmine said. Fang growled then punched the horn on the steering wheel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better lots better. I will stalk the story. You should put this on Fanfiction.net They'll love it.
ZeldaFan

Mii Maker said...

I don't have an account on Fanficion.net, but thanks anyways! :D
;) The Mii Maker ;)