Thursday, July 2, 2009

MR Fanfic (MPOV) Chapter twenty-four

"By the way, my name's Chad Marshall. You can call me Chad if you want." The man said as we drove along.

"I'm Jasmine." Jasmine introduced herself. I didn't really need to introduce myself since he already knew who I was...

Chad drove for about half an hour, then pulled into a driveway. "This is my home." He said as he pulled up to the house. It was a small house, nothing special. Well, not to one of you regular people. But to me, any house was special. It was just a rectangular house and not very tall. The yard was nice, though, with a few trees and a bird feeder in the middle. There was a path of stones that led to the porch, and the path was lined with short lights that shone upward.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Jasmine whispered to me as Chad got out of the car.

"No, but I don't have a better one." I replied as I opened the door and stepped out of the car. Jasmine got out after me and Chad led us down the path to the porch. A light turned on above the porch and a girl ran out and gave Chad a hug.

"Yes! You're home! Now we can pop some popcorn and have movie night!" She said excitedly.

"Well, um... There might actually be a slight change of plans..." Chad replied softly. The girl's shoulder's dropped. Chad moved out of the way and she saw us. She looked up at her dad, confused, then back at us.

"You brought home twins?" She asked her dad.

"Jessie, this is Jasmine and Maximum Ride." Chad said, patting Jesse on the back.

"What?" She asked, looking up at him.

"These two girls stopped me on the road on the way home, and this one said she was Maximum Ride. Like from those books you read. Then she showed me her wings and I believed her, then brought the two home with me." Chad smiled as he finished speaking. Jessie stared at us with her mouth gaping open.

"Prove it." She said suddenly. I sighed and rolled my eyes then looked at Jasmine.

"Do I really have to do this?" I asked rhetorically. She nodded. I slowly let out my wings and watched Jessie's eyes widen.

"Wow... You really are Maximum Ride... HOLY COW!!!" Jessie screamed the last part and Jasmine and I both flinched. "I am, like, such a huge fan! Like, seriously! I have all of your books, and the manga, and I totally want to be Max in the movie, but... Now that I've met you I can see I look nothing like you. THIS IS SO COOL!" Jessie giggled like a true fangirl and I smiled. "Come on! You gotta get inside! You can have some leftovers from dinner, and watch a movie with us, and eat popcorn, this is gonna be so fun!!" Jessie said as she pounded up the path, up the porch steps, and into the house. Chad chuckled and motioned for us to follow Jessie. We did so...slightly reluctantly, though...

"She gets excited sometimes." Chad said as we reached the porch. I realized there was a woman standing there, smiling at us. "Oh, girls, this is my wife, Marie." Chad introduced her and she shook my hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Maximum Ride. I've also read the books. I wanted to see what my daughter loved about them, and I found out." Marie said with a smile. I smiled back, glad that they liked out life story so much.

I walked into the house with Jasmine right by me, and we walked right into the kitchen. There was a counter on the far wall that had the sink in it and a dishwasher stuck in between some cabinets. The stove was at the right end of the counter, and at the left end a fridge, then a wall. The wall had a doorway in it... Without a door. Through that doorway I saw their small living room. On the opposite end of the kitchen was a hallway leading to some other rooms. There was a small table in the middle of the kitchen, and there was a plate of food on the table.

"That's Chad's food, but I could heat up some for you girls if you want." Marie said with a smile. I nodded my head eagerly.

"Yes, PLEASE." Jazz said with a wide smile. Marie walked over to the fridge and pulled out a glass pan thingy and set it on the counter next to the microwave. She pulled two plates out of one of the cabinets and began to pile food on them. I guess we looked hungry. She stuck one of the plates in the microwave and it began to heat up. Jessie came back into the room from the hallway holding a few blankets.

"These are my movie watching blankets. Usually I only use one, but since you guys are here, I figure you can use some too!" She said, shoving a blanket into my arms.

"Uh... Thanks..." I said, looking down at the blankets. Jessie smiled and put a blanket in Jazz's arms then walked into the living room. She motioned for us to follow her and we did.

"You can pick any chair you want. Except this one. This is-" Jessie began, but Jazz cut her off.

"Wait, let me guess... You're movie watching chair?" Jazz said with a smile. Jessie nodded. She looked between me and Jazz and her brow furrowed.

"So, you're Max, and is she like, your twin? Is she gonna be in the next book?" Jessie asked eagerly. Jazz and I looked at each other, then Jazz looked down at the blanket in her arms.

"Well, uh, I don't know why she looks like me. I mean, she has a mom that isn't my mom, so I don't know how it is that we look identical..." I said slowly. "She'll probably be in the next book, though, since it's like, our life story and this is happening in real life..." I continued. "At least, I hope this is real life." I said with a chuckle.

"I hope it's real life too, because this is just too awesome!" Jessie said as she put her blanket down on her chair. Jazz and I both tossed our blankets onto the couch.

"Who wants shepherd's pie?" I heard Marie call from the kitchen.

"ME!!" I yelled, running out to the kitchen. I was starving, after all. Jazz ran behind me, and I stopped so suddenly she plowed right into me. I almost fell over, but I caught my balance before I did a face plant on the floor. I sat down on the chair opposite of Chad, who was already seated, and Jazz sat to my left. Marie put a plate of food in front of me, and a plate in front of Jazz. Marie then handed us both a fork and I started to dig in. I glanced up at Chad and saw he was looking at Marie, almost nervously. I glanced up at her and she shrugged. Chad cleared his throat and I swallowed.

"What?" I asked warily.

"Well, it's just that, before we eat... We, uh, pray." Chad said slowly. I let out a sigh. They had me freaked out for a minute there.

"Okay, well, pray." I said with a shrug. Jessie came over to the table and took her dad's hand, and Marie took his other hand. To my surprise, Jazz slipped her hand into Marie's then held her hand out to me. I shrugged and went with it. I took Jazz's hand then took Jessie's hand with my other hand. Chad bowed his head and prayed. I will tell you this... It was a wonderful prayer. It actually got me wondering if God really was there... It sure felt like He was...

No comments: