Monday, July 6, 2009

MR Fanfic (MPOV) Chapter twenty-five

After dinner (which was fabulous, by the way) we went out to the living room and watched a movie. Jessie sat in her chair, Jazz and I sat on the couch, and Chad and Marie sat on a smaller couch next to ours. The movie we watched was Kung Fu Panda, and I laughed my fool head off. Seriously. Jazz did as well. Okay, so we all did. I wasn't done being tense, but I did enjoy the movie. We got to eat popcorn while watching the movie, too, so it was all good with me. Except that I needed to find my Flock...

After the movie, we talked for a while. "So, where are Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gassman and Angel?" Jessie asked from across the room. I sighed and looked at the popcorn kernels in my bowl.

"I don't know. We split up for like, five seconds in a mall, and they took off with her." I pointed at Jazz with my thumb as I spoke. "So I had to go on a hunt for them, then I found them, and some other birdkids, then right after I met up with them we had to fight a group of M-Geeks, then we started driving and then we stopped at a restaurant then I got kidnapped then she got kidnapped and it's all a big mess that I call 'My life'." I finished and breathed deeply. I glanced over at Jazz, who was looking at me with an expression that was saying something sarcastic. I didn't look at her long enough to find out what the sarcastic comment was, though.

"Wow..." Marie said softly. She was looking at me with caring blue eyes. I nodded and sighed. "Do you need a place to stay?" She suddenly asked. She looked at Chad quickly and he shrugged, then she looked back to me.

"Uh, well, yeah..." I said slowly.

"I think the correct answer is 'Yes, please'." Jazz said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her. "You don't have to be so reluctant to accept help." She muttered, resting her head on the arm of the couch. I sighed then looked back at Marie.

"Yes, please." I said with a small smile. Marie smiled at me then stood up.

"We'll, we don't have a guest room, but we do have a living room and Jessie's room. You can take your pick." Marie said, looking between me and Jazz. I glanced over at Jazz to see if she had any opinion, but her eyes were closed and she looked like she was sleeping.

"Um..." I said slowly, taking into account everything. The living room was right near the door, but had no windows in it. Jessie's room was down the hallway and probably had one small window, probably not big enough to crawl through quickly. I pondered this for a minute then answered.

"The living room is fine." I said with a smile.

"All right, then I'll go grab a couple more blankets and some more pillows." Marie said, walking off.

"You took the living room because it had more escape exits, didn't you?" Jessie asked. I nodded sheepishly.

"Don't worry, Max, we're not gonna hurt you." Chad said with a chuckle.

It's not you guys I'm worried about... I thought, taking into account their sizes. Unless they were Erasers, I could beat 'em all easily. But the Erasers weren't around anymore, so I wasn't that concerned about that. Suddenly, my brain reeled.

"JAZZ!" I screamed, shaking her awake. Chad and Jessie both jumped at my exclamation. Jazz opened her eyes and looked around, slightly panicked.

"What?" She asked, sitting up.

"The screen had a wolf on it!" I said quickly.

"Okay...?" She said, shaking her head. I sighed and groaned at the same time.

"They're making a new batch of Erasers!!" I exclaimed. Jazz's expression went something like mine would go if I heard that news.

"Maybe they were just trying to make a new type of wolf or studying a new type of wolf or something..." She said, looking worried. I shook my head.

"I doubt it."

"But, Erasers means Itex."

"And you beat Itex in the third book." Jessie pointed out. Jazz and I both turned to look at her. "I kinda thought that the storyline went downward after that. And the fourth book was so short... I mean, Itex was the best badguys as far as the story goes." I stared at Jessie in disbelief as she spoke.

"Well, I'm sorry my life has a bad storyline." I said snidely. Jessie looked taken aback. Jazz poked me hard in the arm. "Ow!" I said, rubbing my arm while glaring at her.

"Be nice. She didn't think you were real. And for a great deal of the time I was reading the series, I didn't either." Jazz said quietly. I slumped down into my chair and glared at Jazz. She was right...

"Do you ladies want something pajama-like?" Chad asked, standing up and stretching.

"Uh, sure, I guess..." I said slowly, looking at Jazz.

"I have some extra pajamas you could borrow! I bet they'd fit!" Jessie said, jumping up. "Do either of you like bright colors?" She asked quickly.

"What ever you have is fine with me. As long as it's decent, I mean." Jazz said with a smile. I nodded in agreement with her.

"Okay, I'll be right back!" Jessie said, then she ran off through the kitchen and down the hall. Marie walked back into the room with some blankets in her arms and a couple pillows on top of them.

"Here you ladies go!" She said, setting the pillows on the other couch. I stood up and smiled at Marie, and Jazz slowly followed my example.

"Thank you." We both said simultaneously. I looked at Jazz, slightly freaked out. We sounded exactly the same... Marie giggled and Chad chuckled.

"Are you girls sure you're not twins?" He asked, stretching.

"I have no idea if we have any relation." I replied softly. I looked over at Jazz and she shrugged.

"Okay, I have a couple options!" Jessie said, running back in. She was holding a few shirts and pants in her arms. She held up a shirt and a pair of pants as she spoke. "Option one, any takers?" She asked, looking between me and Jazz. It was a pink long-sleeved shirt that was made of fleece, and the pants had lots of different bright colors. The pants were also made of fleece.

"Uh..." Jazz said slowly. I wasn't gonna wear that pink in a million years.

"Okay, option two then." Jessie said, holding up another pajama option. It was a green t-shirt with Mickey Mouse on it and black flannel pants with Mickey Mouse all over them.

"Dibs!" I yelled, reaching out for the pajamas. Jessie handed them too me then held up the last option for Jazz to see. The last option consisted of a dark purple t-shirt with three light blue stars in the middle of it. The pants were also dark purple and had little blue stars all over them.

"Works for me." Jazz said, taking the pajamas from Jessie. Jessie smiled and began to bounce up and down.

"Okay, who wants to use the bathroom first? I would suggest you get in there before Dad because he takes for-EH-ver." Jessie whispered the last part and Jazz giggled.

"I heard that." Chad said, faking sadness.

"I'll go get ready first if that's all right with you peoples. I'm beat..." Jazz said, yawning. I nodded and Jazz walked off to the bathroom. I followed her a minute later, just to secure the fact that I was going in next. I stood outside the bathroom door and looked at the Mickey Mouse on the t-shirt in my arms. Suddenly, I heard singing. It was some of the most lovely singing I had ever heard...and it was coming from the bathroom.

"Were you singing in there?" I asked Jazz as she came out, all star-ey-fied.

"Yeah..." She replied slowly, looking at me suspiciously.

"It's kinda funny, because you sing really well, but I don't, and we have the exact same voice." I said dryly.

"I bet if you sang more you'd sound better." Jazz said, walking past me. I snorted as I walked into the bathroom.

"Doubt it." I muttered as I closed the bathroom door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I settled down on the longer of the two couches and sighed. Jazz was on the other couch, and it sounded like she was already asleep. Jessie came out and stood next to the couch for a minute, just looking at me.

"What?" I asked, trying not to sound annoyed. She shrugged.

"I dunno. I just wanted to say goodnight, I guess..." She said softly. I nodded then began thinking about my Flock... How we did the fist stack before we went to bed... Suddenly, I sat bolt upright.

"Do you have a computer or a laptop or something?" I asked Jessie urgently. She nodded. "Can I use it?" I asked. She nodded again. I stood up and let Jessie lead me down the hallway to the room at the end of it. It looked like a little office. I saw the computer sitting on a desk and ran over to it. I turned it on and waited for it to boot up. It felt like it took forever. After it was all booted up, I brought up the Internet and went to Fang's blog.

"What are you doing?" Jessie asked, looking over my shoulder.

"Leaving a message for Fang." I said. I left a comment on his blog then sent him a private message, asking him where he was. And, just for the fun of it, I put in the secret word, so he would know it was really me. I sighed after I sent the message off and hoped beyond hope Fang would read his messages. I turned off the computer then stood up and stretched.

"Thanks, Jessie. For... Everything." I said softly. She smiled at me and seemed to glow with happiness.

"You're welcome." She said. We walked out of the room and back to the living room. I crawled back onto the couch and covered up with the blankets. Jessie turned off the light, but I didn't fall asleep right away...

God, if you're really up there... Could you please remind Fang to look at his messages? And could you please keep the Flock safe? I prayed silently. I didn't know if God would answer or what, but I figured praying didn't hurt anyone. I sighed and rolled onto my side.

"Goodnight, Jazz." I whispered.

"Goodnight, Maximum Ride."

No comments: