Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chapter 2 continued

Samantha turned and glared at James then sat down in one of the chairs by the fireplace. "Come on, it won't be that bad!" James said, trying to cheer her up. Samantha sent him another glare and he quieted down. "But you won't really need to even be in there for very long. I mean, it's not like you really sleep that much..." James tried again. Samantha gave him the same look and he shut up.

"What does that mean?" Holly asked.

"That you don't sleep a lot." Derek completed the question for his sister. Samantha sighed and gazed into the fire.

"I have a sleeping disorder." Samantha replied shortly.

"Oh..." Holly said quietly.

"What do you do at night?" Peter asked. Samantha thought before answering.

"I just...walk around and stuff..." She replied. Albus looked down at his watch and realized that it was past his usual bedtime...not that he should care...but he was secretly afraid that his mother would somehow find out and send him a howler, so he decided to go to bed.

"Hey, guys, I'm gonna go to bed." He said. Peter nodded in agreement.

"Me too." Derek said with a yawn. "We woke up early this morning."

"Well, I'm not tired at all," Holly said through a yawn. Andrea giggled.

"I think we should all head up to bed." She said with a smile. The girls an boys went up their separate stairs and up to their rooms.

"This one's mine," Albus said, opening a door. He walked inside, Peter and Derek following close behind. Derek looked down at a piece of paper in his hand and smiled.

"Hey! This is my room too!" He said happily. He ran over to the bed closest to the door on the right side. He looked under the bed and gasped. "My stuff's already down there! How'd they know I was gonna chose this bed?" He asked more to himself then anyone else. Albus chose the bed farthest from the door on the left side and looked under the bed.

"Here's my trunk!" He said with a smile. Peter looked around, seeming almost lost. "If this is your room, then you can have the bed across from me." Albus offered. Peter nodded his head with a small smile and walked over to the bed. He looked at it with his back turned to Albus, and Albus could just sense the awe coming off of Peter.

"Thanks. This is my room." Peter said quietly.

"I figured as much." Albus said with a wide grin. The three boys began putting their belongings where they wanted them, talking to each other too. Suddenly, the door opened and Samantha came in. She flopped down on the bed closest to the door on the right side and glared around the room.

"Ground rules:" She started, "No one talks to me unless I talk to them, you don't look at my stuff, and you don't look in my bed, when I am here, or when I am not. Got it?" She asked as she looked at the faces in the room. The boys nodded and Samantha smiled. "Good." She said, then she got up and walked back out.

"Okay then..." Albus said. Peter and Derek chuckled then crawled into bed. "Goodnight, guys." Albus said as he laid down.

"Goodnight," Peter and Derek chorused at the same time. Albus turned on his light and fell asleep, thinking about what the next day would bring.

1 comment:

me+lego=good said...

Cool! Great job! I giveit four and a half stars! :P