Saturday, June 14, 2008

Define "normal"...

The word "normal" has a definition, but it means something different for everyone. When someone used to ask me, "How are you feeling?" I would reply "Good." which was my "normal" Now, when I am asked that question, I reply "Normal," meaning, "I have a stomach ache, but I can handle it. It's not bad enough that I want to puke on you." Over the past eight months, that has become my new normal. So, really, there isn't a true definition of normal. Yes, there is one in the dictionary, but everyone interperets it differently. So, is there a true definition for the word "normal"? Oh yeah, I can be deep.

8 comments:

me+lego=good said...

I don't think ther is a definition for "normal" mabey it's something like " the avarage way you feel"

Rae said...

Haha, I was just looking at our first discussion about "normal" and "weird"...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I think weird is the same as normal seeing as everyone is weird to someone else so it wouldn't be normal if you weren't weird. does that make any sense?

Mii Maker said...

Haha, Ali. not really... And Rae...OUR first disscussion? Wasn't that like...forever ago? :P
;) The Mii Maker ;)

Anonymous said...

It means average; usual. When you ask a friend what's up?, and they say "the normal", it usually mean what they always say for that question.

Mii Maker said...

Yes, but everyone's average is different. so, your average is different than mine, therefore, our normals are different.
;) The Mii Maker ;)

Anonymous said...

normal changes depending on the person, that's why the definition is short, it says agerage, not "it's all good"

Rae said...

And that's why we want to know what your average is. So that we can know what you mean by "the usual" or "the normal".

Because we actually care.

And Mii, I know! It was soo long ago...