Saturday, May 22, 2010

MR fanfic (MPOV) Chapter 41

"Yes, those headaches were because of me. If it is any consolation, they caused me more pain than they caused you." he said softly.

"Oh, right. I'm sure that the monster headaches that made me think my head was going to EXPLODE caused you more pain than they did me." I retorted sarcastically. I folded my arms in front of my chest and shook my head.

"You may not understand what I mean, but that is beside the point. The point is that after a few attempts, I was able to get inside your head and see what you saw and hear what you heard without causing you pain."

"Wait, what about all of those weird pictures? And that kid's computer? And the TV's?" I asked quickly.

"Those images were my first attempt at telling you to save the world. They actually appeared on the computer screen by accident, but after I found out that I could do that, I purposely projected them onto the televisions. As it turns out I'm a technopath as well as an incredibly gifted telepath."

"Okay, a couple more questions. One, what about the Ouija board? Two, what's a technopath? And three, is telepath a real word?"

"When I saw that you weren't taking me seriously, I thought you might need a little more visual aid to convince you of my legitimacy. By seeing what you were seeing, I was able to use telekenisis--the ability to move things with one's mind--to make the board say what I wanted it to say. I have a great many powers, Maximum. All of them have to do with great mental ability.

"To answer your other questions, a technopath is someone who can control technology with their mind and telepath may or may not be a word used by the general public, but who's to say that's what makes it a real word or not?" There was a smile in his voice as he said this last statement.

"So, you can see everything I see, then...?" I asked slowly, just to make sure I was understanding this right.

"Yes, Maximum, I can see everything you see."

"So...when I, um...go to the--" I began but was interrupted by The Voice.

"Oh, Maximum! No! I would never do something like that! Why would you even think that? Ugh, no, never, Maximum!" he exclaimed suddenly. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey, since I have you here, how about a more serious question. How am I supposed to save the world? I mean, I've been doing a lot to raise awareness about Global Warming, but I don't think I can really stop that..." I said while looking around for him again. I heard a soft chuckle coming from behind me and spun around, just to see that he wasn't there.

"Global Warming is not what you are supposed to be stopping, Maximum. It is merely a distraction, created to keep you occupied while things more sinister are going on behind the scenes." I shuddered at the new found darkness of his voice.

"Okay, so what am I supposed to be stopping?" I asked, confused.

"Them." A chill crept down my spine as images of whitecoats and the school were projected into my brain accompanied by that simple proclamation.

"But I already stopped them! Don't you remember book three?" I asked, pushing the pictures out of my mind.

"Who is to say that they can't reform, Maximum? Who is to say that there's not a new plot to take over the world? These people are mad, Maximum, and they will stop at nothing until they have achieved their goals." his voice was rising slowly as he spoke but dropped suddenly towards the end of his last sentence. "Only you can stop them. Only people like you can stop them. Do not think you can do this on your own. You're going to need all of the help you can get. Itex is growing again in the shadows, coming back to life, and you have to stop them."

"What's the point of stopping them if they just keep coming back?" I asked loudly, my voice echoing off of the walls of the building.

"The point is saving the world, Maximum. Saving the world before it's too late. Before they control everything." I swallowed hard and looked around again.

That's all I can say for now, Maximum. This time, The Voice was in my head, and it was The Voice's regular voice, not his real voice. Jasmine is up on the roof. I stood there for a moment more, looking around for him, before I turned and walked outside. As I walked towards the door, though, I could have sworn something touched me...

8 comments:

Your Friendly Stalker said...

That stunk like Swiss cheese on a rotten sandwich.

Haha, actually, I really liked that one! I love that you brought it away from global warming. I hated that the books took that direction. And I totally laughed about the part where she wondered whether he/it saw EVERYTHING she sees! I less than three it.
=)

Now...to see if any spammers come along....

Mii Maker said...

Haha. For a minute there I actually thought you hated it. =P I'm glad you liked it, though, because I thought it was kind of a lame chapter...

When I saw I had one comment I thought "Hmmm...I bet this is spam." I was relieved that it wasn't. =P
;) The Mii Maker ;)

Your Friendly Stalker said...

Yeah, I did like that chapter. =)

I am hurt that you thought I might be a spammer! I would NEVER spam! Never. *coughcough*

:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D
:D

Well....except maybe randomly here and there.....

Mii Maker said...

...Seriously? *sighs and shakes head*

=P
;) The Mii Maker ;)

Your Friendly Stalker said...

Heehee...you know me...couldn't resist. =)

Hey look! No actual spammers yet! Maybe they've left....You think I scared them away?

Mii Maker said...

Maybe you have... O.o

I wonder if you scared away everyone else who comments on my blog, too... =P
;) The Mii Maker ;)

Your Friendly Stalker said...

Haha maybe I have...no one's commented except me. Huh. Oh, and you should post something else, soon. :)

Chris said...

Great Mii! :D:D:D