Friday, July 9, 2010

Mr Fanfic (MPOV) Chapter 45

Sometimes, I understand my life and the people I'm around. Sometimes, I don't understand anything at all.

Gazzy wanted to listen to a little kids story more than he wanted to find food. What was up with that?

Nudge wanted to read a little kids story to the kids who I thought were too big for such a thing. Weird much?

Angel actually represented her name and wasn't being a tiny terror. How often had that happened recently?

Fang was ticked off at me for some reason, but wasn't going to tell me why. Did I do something wrong to make him mad?

I didn't even understand what I was feeling as I stood there in the bookstore, staring ahead blankly. I had been feeling mad at Jazz then weirded out by the Voice (or Nicolae, what ever you want to call him) then happy at seeing the kids happy for once then confused because Fang had just brushed past me like that. Why couldn't my life ever be simple for once??

Nothing is ever as simple as it first seems, but people always tend to make it harder than it needs to be. The Voice suddenly rang into my brain. Before blowing up at him, I decided to think through the statement. Today, I had thought my relationship with Fang was going to be simple enough, but I had been wrong about that. So, what could I do to make it so that our relationship wasn't any harder than it needed to be...?

Very good, Maximum. You're learning quickly, now. The Voice said, and I could tell he was smiling.

Was that a compliment? I thought as my brow furrowed. What was going on with me? I was thinking before I was yelling? What was next, Fang being talkative? I sighed then turned around, heading over towards the graphic novels to find Iggy. I figured that where Iggy was, Fang wouldn't be far behind. After all, they both seemed to share a deep hatred for books.

"Hey, Ig," I said softly as I walked up behind Iggy.

"Hey, Max," Iggy returned my greeting in a soft tone, but he didn't turn around.

"Sorry we're taking so long here... I didn't realize Jazz was going to want to read the whole book and then storm out and then the kids were going to want to read another book..." my voice trailed off as I ran out of excuses. I sighed and stepped up next to him.

"It's okay, Max. I'm just kinda bored..." Iggy mumbled, moving his sightless eyes around the store.

"You could go over by the kids and see what they're reading." I suggested slowly. Iggy shook his head.

"Picture books aren't a lot of fun when you can't see the pictures."

"Then why are you over here by the comic books?" I glanced up at Iggy as his unseeing eyes became a little sadder.

"I was hoping that I'd be able to tell the colors and shapes well enough to be able to kind of read them. I already tried reading a regular book like that, but it all kind of ran together weirdly..." he replied with a sigh.

"Oh..." was all I could manage to say. We stood there for a few minutes in silence before Fang appeared with a few books in his arms.

"Iggy, I found some books you might--" he stopped speaking as he saw me and I managed a small smile.

"Fang, I think we need to talk," I said softly.

"Do we have to talk now?" he asked tensely.

"Yes, yes we do." I replied as I walked over to him.

"It's okay, Fang. I'll head over by the others and just listen to what they're doing." Iggy said, as if him being all right was what was keeping Fang back. Fang sighed and I took his arm, leading him away into another part of the bookstore. What it was we were going to talk about, I wasn't sure. I just knew there was something on his mind and it needed to be on my mind, too.

No comments: